Sunday, July 15, 2007

I need inspiration each day, and I find it everywhere. I am by nature a positive and determined person, and I am drawn to inspiration not by magical thinking, although there are moments where I have been accused of that, but by acting "as if" when it is ever so necessary to cast off self doubt. I have been blessed with spiritual richness from daily contacts through teaching. Teaching whatever. Teaching is giving, and I need to give. In teaching there is giving and there is getting. I didn't realize that "getting" was part of the game when I began that journey. It was a complete surprise. The exchange is wondrous, and I am incredibly fortunate to have been given this opportunity. Below is another quote from someone I admire. I'm happy to share it with you.....



"Don't listen to those who say, "you're taking too big a chance." Michelangelo would have painted the Sistine floor, and it would surely be rubbed out by today. Most important, don't listen when the little voice of fear inside you rears its ugly head and says they're smarter than you, out there. They're more talented, they're taller, blonder, prettier, luckier, and they have connections. I firmly believe that if you follow a path that interests you, not to the exclusion of love, sensitivity, and cooperation with others, but with the strength of conviction that you can move others by your own efforts, and do not make success or failure the criteria by which you live, the chances are you'll be a person worthy of your own respect."
Neil Simon
Worthy of your own respect...

1 comment: