Monday, June 04, 2007

The fruition of the pattern project is in the following photos. I cut the piece out of muslin to understand the volume and the character. I have also played with a couple of different fabrics to see which one I would like to wear. The first photo being the muslin. This is my training. I learned how to drape and look at a garments characteristics, volume, form, & voice through toile (muslin). One can see the weak points, all the faults through the muslin. Those faults can be hidden or can disappear depending on your choice of fabric. The interplay of weight, color, transparency, softeness or crispness dictates the end result. It is through many hours of experiementation that I have learned this, and this process is always as much a joy as the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment